It is time to make some sweet treats with marzipan. I am starting off with an easy type of marzipan sweet treat, which does not involve any coating in any kind of chocolate, so no messing around with tempering chocolate.
I have found this recipe in the weekly magazine "Søndag" (issue 47/2016). I could not locate the mentioned raspberry dust in any of the local supermarket, so instead of I milled freeze-dried raspberries into some very fine powder using my excellent kitchen helper bamix.
Raspberry flavoured marzipan roll: - 1 big roll or 4 smaller rolls
- 200 g marzipan
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried raspberry
- 1 teaspoon raspberry flavour
- 1 tablespoon almond flour (milled almonds)
- ½ teaspoon red food colour
- 1 tablespoon freeze-dried raspberry - milled into for powder for dusting of the marzipan
- Knead the marzipan together with freeze-dried raspberry, almond flour, raspberry colour and flavour.
- Divide the marzipan into 4 portions, which is rolled into 4 rolls.
- Cover the marzipan roll with the raspberry powder.
- Store the marzipan rolls cold in airtight container.
- Enjoy :-)