March 09, 2011

Cauliflower soup


Cauliflower is not one of my favourite vegetable, but I frequently get cauliflower in my weekly vegetable box. Most of the times I use the cauliflower in a vegetable curry. So I am always on the look out for new recipes with cauliflower, which will please my taste buds.

The soup is actual pleasing my taste buds, so it will become one of the ways for me to use cauliflower. The taste is very good and the texture is very nice and thick. I am considering, if I should add some (1 dl) full-fat cream (38% fat) next time to increase the creaminess as I am dairy girl.

Cauliflower soup (recipe from Aarstiderne) - serves 4:

  • 1 cauliflower
  • 500 g potato
  • 2 onions
  • 3 cloves of garlic
  • 1 l water/vegetable stock
  • thyme






  1. Peel the potatoes
  2. Cut the cauliflower, onions and potatoes into slower pieces
  3. Add cloves of garlic and thyme into the cooking pot
  4. Put 1 l water/vegetable stock in the cooking pot
  5. Cook for 20 minutes
  6. Remove the thyme
  7. Blend everything together into a homogeneous mass
  8. Season with salt and pepper

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...