March 12, 2011

Marzipan orange cakes



My kitchen cupboards are still full of marzipan back from my Christmas shopping in Germany. So I keep trying new recipes contains marzipan. This time it is marzipan orange cake, which I found in a recipe collection made by Mai Knauer for Alt for Damerne in connection with Christmas.

Apparently these marzipan orange cakes should be able to be stored for one month !!!! I assume this should be possible, if you can keep your hands and mouth away from them.

Wonder how these cakes would taste, if you would add ½-1 teaspoon orange flower extract ?


Marzipan orange cakes - 40 pieces

  • 500 g marzipan
  • 225 icing sugar
  • 1 egg white
  • peel from organic orange
  • 2 tablespoon orange juice
  • 40 hazelnuts





  1. Heat the oven to 200'C
  2. Knead all the ingredients together with your hands.
  3. Use teaspoons for placing the marzipan mass on baking paper as small tops. I never use silicone baking paper, when I am baking marzipan, as it quiet tricky to get the marzipan off after baking.
  4. Place a hazelnut kernel in each marzipan top.
  5. Bake in the middle of the oven at 200'C for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...