I found this recipe on making blackcurrant rum on the blog called Life of La Tascha, which I decided to try using my giant blackcurrant. I am really looking forward to taste, how this way of preserving summer on a bottle will turn out.
Blackcurrant rum a la La Tascha: - 0.7 l rum
- 225 g blackcurrant
- 225 g sugar
- 0.6 l rum (light)
- Add boiling water to a glass bottle - leave for 4-5 minutes - empty the bottle.
- Fill the bottle with cleaned blackcurrants.
- Add sugar afterwards.
- Fill the bottle up with rum (light).
- Close the bottle.
- Place in a dark place.
- Shake the bottle regular to dissolve the sugar, which is placed at bottom.
- Be patient !!!!! The blackcurrant rum should be drinkable around Christmas time !!!!!