January 07, 2012

Pomegranate marzipan cake


I decided to use some of the left over pomegranate syrup, which I made for the pomegranate champagne drink, for making some marzipan cakes. Before using the pomegranate syrup  I decided to reduced with 50%.

I also decided to use my new Tupperware pipping bag to form these marzipan cakes. I thought it would be like a "walk in the park", but I was so very wrong !!!! Pipping the marzipan cake mass requires plenty of arm muscle mass and strong hands, which I have neither of. So if the Tupperware Alice, who sold my this pipping bag had been in my kitchen, I would have thrown it back at her !!!!!

Combining the fresh taste of the pomegranate syrup with the sweet almond cake is a perfect taste combination, which you really to try yourself.


Pomegranate marzipan cakes - 40 pieces
  • 500 g marzipan
  • 225 icing sugar
  • 1 egg white
  • 3 tablespoons pomegranate syrup (concentrate)
  • 40 pomegranate kernels
  1. Heat the oven to 200'C
  2. Knead all the ingredients together with your hands.
  3. Use teaspoons for placing the marzipan mass on baking paper as small tops or use a pipping bag, if you have strong hands and arms. I never use silicone baking paper, when I am baking marzipan, as it quiet tricky to get the marzipan off after baking.
  4. Place a pomegranate kernel in each marzipan top.
  5. Bake in the middle of the oven at 200'C for 10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...