June 16, 2012

Lønnestræde´s bun with squash and butter



I have been working further on this first version of Lønnestræde´s squash buns, increasing the amount of added squash and as well as using some butter. And I quiet satisfied with this second version, as they are soft and moist from the added butter and increased level of squash.

It is also a good way of using the frozen squash from my freezer, before this years squash season starts again. During the high season of squash, where friends and work colleagues are having squash up to their ears, I "help" them by using some of the squash harvest from their gardens. So some of the squash surplus I grated and freeze down in portion of a size of 2½ dl grated squash.

These squash buns are also great to freeze down, which I do right after they come out of the oven. And when I defrost in connection with rowing tours, where I need something to eat during rowing.


Lønnestræde´s bun with squash and butter: - 16 buns
  • 650 g wheat flour
  • 40-50 g yeast
  • 10 g salt
  • 20 g honey
  • 1 egg 
  • 50 g butter
  • 300 g milk
  • 5 dl squash - grated and partly drained
  • 1 egg for glazing - optional

  1. Cut the butter into small pieces.
  2. Weigh the flour, salt, yeast, honey into the mixing bowl. 
  3. Add butter pieces, grated them into the flour mix.
  4. Add the milk and egg into flour mix.
  5. Add the grated squash in the dough mix.
  6. Knead the dough. Here I am also using my interpretation of the Richard Bertinet method. I knead on time - 10 minutes.
  7. Raise the dough warm for 1-1½ hour.
  8. De-gas the dough.
  9. Rework the dough - scale each wheat bun to weigh around 80 g - so you get an even baking time for each bun.
  10. Place each bun in a baking tray covered with baking paper - let the buns raise for another ½-1 hour.
  11. Heat the oven to 200'C (conventional oven).
  12. Bake the squash bun at 200'C for 20 minutes.
  13. Cold down the bun and enjoy eating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...