June 05, 2012

Rhubarb Crumble



The blog event called "Tea Time Treats", which is a monthly baking challenge event managed  Karen from Lavender and Lovage and Kate from What Kate Baked. It is Kate from What Kate Baked, who is the virtual hostess for this very month of summer time, even though the weather is not fitting with my description of summer, the theme for is for sure "summer fruits" whatkatebaked.blogspot.tea-time-treats-june.  


I decided to use the outcome of your decision on the cake vote for Constitution Day Picnic Row into my contribution for this month tea table. You had three different cakes/muffins suggestions to choose from





  • Muffin with apple - 1 vote
  • Carrot cake - 0 vote
  • Rhubarb cake - 6 votes

  • And it is clear to see, that rhubarb cake is a strong winner of this cake vote. So yesterday evening I baked rhubarb crumble in single servings, so they were easy for me to bring on the annual Constitution Day Picnic Row. But an un-kind and strong wind of 8 m/s in average cancelled this celebrations of ours today :-( However, most of the rowers are coming around for the first round of my birthday celebration Thursday evening, so I am "saving" these rhubarb crumble for this occasion, if I can keep them out of my mouth !!!! as they are having a wonderful fresh taste of rhubarb combined with sweetness coming from the marzipan used in the crumble topping.

    Rhubarb Crumble:  - 16 servings

    • 600 g rhubarb - in small cuttings
    • 3 tablespoons of home-made vanilla sugar
    • 2 stems of fresh garden mint
    • 150 g sugar
    • 100 g oat flakes
    • 50 g (cake) flour
    • 100 g butter - in small pieces
    • 50 sugar
    • 100 g marzipan - grated

    1. Heat the oven (conventional) to 200'C
    2. Mix rhubarb, vanilla sugar, sugar and garden mint together.
    3. Bake the rhubarb for 8-10 minutes at 200'C
    4. Meanwhile mix oat flakes, flour, sugar, butter, marzipan together. I used my hands doing this, so the crumble layer is homogeneous
    5. Top the baked rhubarb with a layer of crumble.
    6. Bake the rhubarb crumble at 200'C for another 20 minutes.
    7. Cool down
    8. Enjoy :-)

    No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Your comment is my reward :-)
    You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

    LinkWithin

    Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...