August 30, 2012

Plums in port a la Dansukker


This is the third reciep in a row having focus on plum - plum and yet some more plums.

Again I am using smaller plums with firm texture, as I will be boiling those plums and still would like to some texture left in the final dessert.

As usual I have a preference of trying out new recipes again instead of keeping repeating over and over the same old recipes, so I am always on the look out for new recipes to try in my little kitchen. This time is a recipe from www.dansukker.dk/portvinsblommer, which I am having a go at.

Plums in port a la Dansukker:

  • 500 g plums - half and without stone
  • 3 dl port
  • 250 g dark Muscovado sugar
  • potassium sorbat - optional
  1. Clean the plums, cut them in half and remove the stone.
  2. Place them in pot and fill the port on top. I use a small saucer in order to keep the plums down in the port, so they are floating around.
  3. Leave the plums for minimum 8 hours in the refrigerator.
  4. Add the dark Muscovado sugar and stir well.
  5. Add boiling water to the storage glass.
  6. Add everything into a cooking pot.
  7. Let the plum boil softly for 5 minutes
  8. Empty the glass for the hot water.
  9. Pour everything into the storage glass
  10. Serve the plums either warm or cold together with whipped (dairy) cream or ice cream

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...