September 18, 2012

Lønnestræde´s redcurrant jam

Redcurrant jam - ready for use
In my weekly vegetable box from Årstiderne I recently receive a small of portion of redcurrants with a few white redcurrants. As I was not eager to eat redcurrants as I find them to been rather acidic, and I already have added redcurrants in the Rumtopf, so therefore I turned these redcurrants into jam.

Due to the higher acidity level in redcurrants, I decided to use a ratio of 1 part fruit to 1 part of sugar. I could also very easily imaging to serve this redcurrant jam as a condiment together with meat dishes. Well let´s see, how I actually end up using this redcurrants jam.

Lønnestræde redcurrant jam:
  • 150 g redcurrants with a few white redcurrant
  • 50 g water 
  • 150 g jam sugar with pectin
  1. Mix the redcurrants with water in a cooking pot. I use a small amount of water, as the fruit is fresh and therefore not giving off water themselves so easily. If you are using frozen water, there is not need for addition of water.Cook up to the boiling point.
  2. When the redcurrants are boiling, add the jam sugar.
  3. Bring the fruit and sugar to the boiling point and let it boil for 5 minutes.
  4. Prepare the jam glasses by filling them with boiling water. 
  5. Fill the glass with jam and close the glass. Store them cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...