However, I looked at Kate´s contribution for the virtual tea table and so that she had made a crumble. So I decided to make a crumble as well using a copy of a recipe, which I have got from a very good girl friend, exchanging the use of cinnamon with Chai sugar.
The Tea Time Table is a monthly blogging event managed Karen from Lavender and Lovage and Kate from What Kate Baked
Apples with oat flakes crumble: - 4-6 servings
- 4 apples - peeled, core removed and cut into boat sharp
- 2 tablespoon of Chai sugar (sugar mixed with cinnamon, cloves, vanilla and cardamon)
- 100 g oat flakes
- 65 g (cake) flour
- 100 g sugar
- 3 tablespoon sugar
- Heat the (conventional) oven to 200'C
- Covered a baking tray with butter or oil.
- Start by filling the baking tray with the apple pieces. Cover the apple pieces with the Chai sugar.
- Mix the rest of the ingredients into a crumble layer, do not mix for too long, as it should maintain a crumble structure.
- Distribute the crumble mix on top of the apple.
- Bake the apple crumble at 200'C for 30 minutes.
- Cool and eat it as it is or serve the apple crumble together with whipped cream, sour cream or ice cream.