February 17, 2013

Brownie with chili, pistacios and walnuts


How come, that I always "get voted out" as  neither the very first or the very second person in the various cake competition as work ??????? Whether it is Danish Idol (X Factor) or Strictly Ballroom (Vild med dans) I always get the first or second person , which is voted out !!!! And we actually draw lots for the participants !!!! I simply do not understand it !!!!! For any upcoming cake competition I will seriously consider to contact "my unlucky" participant to inform he/she, that he/she will not last long in what ever competition they are competing.

This time it was Zania from X Factor 2013, which I got in the cake lottery, and she got votes off as the second person in this Friday show, so now I am baking a cake for my work colleague, so I can "feed" them tomorrow at work. The good thing about being voted out, is that you relax the rest the of time every week-end and go to work Monday being sure, that some else will serve you home-made cake :-)

I have located this brownie recipe in the latest issue of Isabellas issue 01/2013. And I have made two modification by adding in vanilla sugar and some salt.

Brownie with chili, pistachios and walnuts:

  • 250 g butter
  • 150 g dark chocolate
  • 4 eggs
  • 250 g sugar
  • ½ teaspoon vanilla sugar
  • 150 g (cake) flour
  • 3 tablespoons cocoa powder 
  • 1/4 salt
  • ½ chili - finely chopped
  • 100 g walnut - roughly chopped
  • 50 g pistacios - roughly chopped
  1. Heat the oven (conventional) to 200'C
  2. Melt the butter and dark chocolate together in a small cooking pot.
  3. Whip eggs, sugar and vanilla sugar together into a fluffy mass.
  4. Gently mix in the flour, salt and cocoa powder in the egg-sugar mass.
  5. Afterwards add in the chilii, pistacios and walnuts.
  6. End by adding the melted butter-chocolate.
  7. Add the cake mass in a form of 20x30 cm baking tray covered in baking paper.
  8. Bake the cake at 200'C in the middle of the oven (conventional) for 30 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...