March 06, 2013

Det basale brød - the basic bread

Baked bread 
"Hjemmebagt" - 73 recipes - 26 accomplished = 47 recipes to bake

Dough just placed in basket
I was baking again last week-end, taking another small step towards baking my way through the great bread book called "Hjemmebagt". This time I decided to bake the very, very first recipe in book called "Det basale brød (the basic bread)". And as the recipe name indicated is a simple bread made from flour, water, yeast and salt, so no use of fancy flours nor ingredients.

The bread can be baked from either spelt flour or wheat flour. I wanted to bake it from spelt, but I did not have enough spelt flour, so I ended up with a combination of 75% spelt flour and 25% wheat flour.

Bread after final raising
I made another modification to the bread process. As I needed to have the bread ready for some guests coming around in the evening, it would be a little tricky to raising the bread twice between returning from work and serving the bread for the guests. So I made the dough the evening before, followed by cold raising cold outside and afterwards followed by raising at ambient temperature in a bread basket, after I return home.

The tricky thing about raising bread in a bread basket is to cover the basket with enough flour, so the dough is not sticking to the basket, when you place the dough on the baking tray. 

Bread ready for the oven


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...