March 12, 2013

Hurtigt rugbrød - fast rye bread




"Hjemmebagt" - 73 recipes - 27 accomplished = 46 recipes to bake

I have been baking a lot of bread raised with yeast and without the use of a pre-dough being mixed into the final dough. And an entire chapter in the bread book called "Hjemmebagt" is dedicated to the making and baking of rye bread using sour dough. However, these sour doughs I find a little bit "scary", as I have never created my own sour dough and baking with a sour dough. But in rye bread you have to work with sour doughs !!!! and therefore I have not ventured into this specific chapter in my bread book.

However, in another chapter having focused on baking powder I have found a recipe on rye bread called Hurtigt rugbrød (fast rye bread), where you do not have make a sour dough first. I so decided to bake this rye bread, which it the very first rye bread, which I have ever baked. And it is very simple, you just mix various flour types together (wheat and rye, fine sieved and whole grain types of both) together with linseed, sesame seeds, buttermilk, water, salt, malt syrup and baking powder. Place the dough in a bread form and bake it for approx 1½ hour.

So now I have taken my first very little step towards baking a rye bread with sour dough. It is just a question of splitting the entire elephant up in smaller bites, so you can eat the entire animal, small bite by small bite. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...