May 23, 2013

Medaljer med roser - medals with roses - from "Hjemmebagt"


"Hjemmebagt" - 73 recipes - 31 accomplished = 42 recipes to bake

After a period of standstill on my way of baking every single recipe in the bread book "Hjemmebagt", another little step has been taken to fulfil this "mission". This time I have been making a cake called "Medaljer med roser" (Medals with roses), which is a traditional Danish cream cake.

My reason for trying out this specific recipe is, that I needed to test out a vanilla cream, so I can make progress on creating the very best strawberry cake, building on top of strawberry cake version 3.0, as my birthday is approaching very fast bringing guests around for a birthday celebration this upcoming week-end.

Well back to these Medaljer. I had some difficulties in rolling the pastry dough into equal height, so I had look at regular time into the oven removing the individual pastry piece one by one, as they were baked finished.

The vanilla cream was more easy to make, that I had imaging. Besides from the vanilla cream the cakes also contains marinated strawberries in rose extract and orange juice. The remaining marinate is afterwards mixing with icing sugar for the glazing of the top part of the pastry piece.

I also had to involve some of my neighbours, as I ended up with 12 medals, which needed to be eaten within a quiet short time frame. And they have returned with some very positive comments to the taste of these cakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...