November 06, 2013

Help in the kitchen - Kitchen equipment 23

Can you guess from the title on this blog post, what I have got ???  And it is not black in anyway, as I did pay tax for it !!!

Well, if you have no clue at all, take a look at the picture below.


Yes, KitchenAid has moved into my little kitchen in a wonderful red colour (the favourite colour of my cousin), as I not a big fan of these minimalistic colour of white or black.

At a brunch last Saturday a friend of mine was telling, that she had been shopping Christmas gift in a local hardware store, which was having 25% discount on everything in the shop. So Sunday morning I was situated outside this hardware store, when it was opening it´s door at 10.00, so I could my kitchen helper with 25% discount. And I was luckily, as I got the last KitchenAid in red.

I have already been kneading my first bread dough on my KitchenAid. And some of the recipes in the bread book "Hjemmebagt" actually requires kneading or even whipping on a mixer. According to various of my work colleagues, I could easily let the machine knead the dough for 10-15 minutes instead of the 2 minutes mentioned in the instruction book. 
Yes, I actually read the entire instruction book, before I started the KitchenAid !!! Perhaps I am suffering from a work injury - Safety First ? So now I know it is dangerous piece of equipment, where I could always take out the power plug, before I change the whipping dasher or place the mixing bowl. I am recognising,  that KitchenAid is an US based company from the instruction book text.

And I would also like to make macaroons, which according to a specific macaroon recipe book required whipping for 15 minutes, imaging standing with a hand mixer for 15 minutes to do that !!!

And to those of you thinking/asking, why did you not buy a Kenwood or Teddy mixer instead of, as they are much better, I have one comment only !!! I really like the organic design of KitchenAid compared to the square format of these two other brands.

2 comments:

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...