February 20, 2014

Orange scones


Winter time is season for all types of citrus fruit, so I decided to make some orange scones using this recipe on saffron scones as starting point.

These scones had a fantastic taste of orange and buttery texture.

To remain within the citrus theme I served these scones together with blood orange curd.Well I did not drink orange tea to these scones, instead of I enjoyed a nice cup of spicy chocolate Kusmi tea :-)

Orange scones: - 6-7 pieces
  • 450 g wheat (cake) flour flour
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • 1½ teaspoon baking powder
  • 60 g sugar
  • 125 g cold butter
  • 1 blood orange - zest and juice 
  • 1 teaspoon of orange flower extract
  • 1 egg
  • 140 g milk
  1. Heat the oven (conventional) to 250'C.
  2. Mix the flour, salt, orange zest, baking powder and sugar together in a mixing bowl.
  3. Cut the cold butter into small pieces.
  4. Grind the butter pieces into the flour mix.
  5. Mix the orange juice, orange flower extract, milk and egg together.
  6. Add the juice-milk and egg without kneading into a dough.
  7. Place the dough on a pieces of baking paper.
  8. Flatten the dough into a height of 3 cm.
  9. Use a glass to cut out scone pieces.
  10. Bake the scone at 250'C for 12-15 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. They look divine! I wish I could make some scones now but it's extremely hot and humid in my part of the world at the moment. When winter comes around I might give this a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jem,
      I can imagine, that baking during hot and humid weather is not a combination made in heaven. The Summer in Denmark is not a hot as in Australia, and most of the time there will be wind around are having a cooling effect.
      Kirsten

      Delete

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...