February 14, 2014

Valentine Day Cream Caramel



A HEART FOR A SWEET

It is now hours ago, that we started Valentine Day with Sweetheart Yogurt, so I think it is time for a little sweet to get us through to lunch time.

Some time ago my blog and I received a bottle of liquid glucose syrup together with various candy recipes. So fare I have been making caramels (toffee) twice using my microwave oven with little success, as the caramels have be floating together.
Using glucose syrup is either ice cream or toffee /caramels are prevent crystal growth and graininess according to the information, which I received together with the bottle of glucose syrup.

So I decided to try to make caramels using the classic procedure by boiling the caramel mass in a saucepan to a certain temperature using my new best kitchen companion, a digital thermometer !!! while I at the same time managed to tick of the very first point on my TO-DO-LIST 2014 - juuhuuu :-)

In the various recipes, which I received, I see that the boiling temperature can be between 125'C and 137'C. So fare I have no idea, which influence the boiling temperature is having on the final texture of the caramels. Well, I think I will test this some time and share the outcome with you.

And finally I got success with my caramel creation, as they firm/crunchy with an excellent creamy texture and buttery flavour notes.

I filled the caramel mass into these lovely small heart shaped alu-forms with small pink and red hearts on, which I found in my Christmas stocking during the last festive season. So a huge thank you to the colleague, which placed these heart forms in my stocking :-)






Valentine Day Cream Caramels: - 40-50 cream toffees

  • 100 g butter
  • 200 g dairy whipping cream, 35-40% fat
  • 340 g sugar
  • 160 g light sugar syrup
  • 2 tablespoons glucose syrup
  1. Add all the ingredients into a small cooking pot.
  2. Stir continues, as the caramel mass is heated up, until the temperature reach 137'C.
  3. Fill the caramel mass into small alu- or paper-form.
  4. Place the caramels cold, until they cooled down.
  5. Store in an airtight container.
  6. A sweet treat for a sweet person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...