September 28, 2014

I have found the tile for my kitchen floor

New tile meets the present tiles
As described earlier I am in the process of getting a new kitchenwhere I besides from a new kitchen and new appliances also will have installed a floor of tiles in the kitchen. The existing tile floor moved in together with the kitchen, when my end row villa was built back in 1991, meaning they are now 23 years old, so it's probably about time that both parties "move away from home". Further, the top glazing from the tile is easily removed, if anything falls on the kitchen floor, whereby showing off some very visible black spots from the base of the tile. So by now I have a spotted white tile floor.

I have been looking at various tiles at different places in Vejle, where my original desire to maintain the current white tile on the 20 cm x 20 cm is very unusual !!! The tiles of today are mainly 30 cm x 30 cm or even larger (60 cm x 60 cm) in those dull colors: black, gray and beige, but not white !!!! Therefore I have given up on my dream of getting a white tile floor.

After yet a visit to kitchen company, I saw a flooring store right next door, so I went inside to look around. And here I met my future tile !!! It has same colour from top to bottom in light gray with a marbled pattern in a size 30 cm x 30 cm. This color will fit perfectl with the new granite countertop in light colour.

Instead of getting the tiles laid diagonally, they will laided in right direction with a less visible grouting. So I expect that a more even floor will make the kitchen appear larger than the 7 m2. With the coming of tile color and pattern, I also assume that Hannibal the Cat's daily paw prints back and forth from the food bowl will be less visible than they are now at the all-white tile floor.

The mason was around this week to look at the floor. It is not possible to put the new tiles on top of the existing tile floor, as there are several loose tiles so that the old tiles need to be peeled off. So that's the situation, I am fine with it.

Granit kitchen tabletop meets the selected tile

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...