December 17, 2014

Christmas Calendar 2014 Day 17 - Liquorice balls


I think that you already know, that I have an addiction to liquorice !!! so when I found this recipe on lakridskugler by Louisa Lorang, I knew at once, that I had to make this liquorice balls myself.

I decided to use a combination of combination of both raw liquorice powder and liquorice powder, as this is giving a stronger taste of liquorice. If you have a preference for strong liquorice powder I suggest, that you only use raw liquorice powder. The final taste is excellent without being to sweet.

Liquorice balls a la Louisa Lorang: - 20 balls

  • 200 g almonds
  • 2 soft dates - without stone
  • 1 tablespoon raw liquorice powder
  • 1 tablespoon licorice powder
  • 2 tablespoon agave syrup
  • tablespoon cocoa powder
  • 1 tablespoon licorice powder
  1. Slip the almonds by placing them in boiling water, which makes it easy to remove the skin of the almond.
  2. Dry the almonds with kitchen towels.
  3. Dry the almonds in the oven at 180'C for 3-4 minutes, they should change colour.
  4. Let the almonds cool down.
  5. Blend the almonds in a food processor to all right-fine almond flour.
  6. Add dates and blend the mass again
  7. Add in the liquorice powder and agave syrup. Blend until the mass sticks together.
  8. Roll the liquorice marzipan into approx 20 balls.
  9. Mix the cocoa and licorice powder together, and roll the balls in the powder mix.
  10. Store the balls cold in air tight container.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...