Another recipe from the Dr. Oetker Christmas recipe collection, which I have been testing out in my little kitchen as part of my annual Christmas Calender.
Instead of using only dark chocolate I used a combination of both dark and milk chocolate.
When you roll the truffles into the ball shape you can get some very dark hands from the truffle mass.
Liquorice Truffles: - 25 truffles
- 100 g dark chocolate - roughly chopped
- 50 g milk chocolate - roughly chopped
- 1 dl dairy whipping cream, 35-40% fat
- 50 g fine chopped almonds
- 2 teaspoon liquorice flavouring
- liquorice vermicelli - optional
- Bring the dairy whipping cream to the boil in a cooking pot.
- Remove the cream from the heat, and stir in the chopped chocolate. Stir until the chocolate in completely melted.
- Stir in the almonds and liquorice flavouring.
- Place the truffle mass cold in the refrigerator for 3-4 hours.
- Form the truffle mass into small ball size, and roll it in liquorice vermicelli.
- Store the liquorice truffles cold in an airtight container.