When I noticed this recipe on pepper nut muffins in a small Christmas recipe folder from Dr. Oetker,I knew at once, that I should make these muffins for my annual Christmas Calender. I have no modifications to the these muffins.
Another time I would reduced the amount of butter inside, as the muffins are actually quiet greasy. The muffin are also quiet sweet doe to the addition of white chocolate, so an option could be to reduce the amount of white chocolate from 100 g to 50 g.
This recipe is a typical Dr. Oetker recipe, as the majority of in the ingredients inside are various Dr. Oetker ingredients.
Pepper nut muffins: - 14 muffins
- 75 g corinths
- 1 tablespoon boiling water
- 175 g butter - soft
- 175 g sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 portion of Dr. Oetker pepper nut spice mix
- 1 portion Dr. Oetker lemon peel
- 150 g (cake) wheat flour
- 100 g white chocolate - cut into smaller pieces
- Heat the fan oven up to 80'C.
- Pout boiling water over the corinths.
- Whip sugar and butter into a foamy mass on a stand-alone mixer.
- Whip in the egg one by one.
- Afterwards mix in the pepper nut spice, lemon peel, what flour.
- At the end stir in the corinths and white chocolate pieces.
- Fill the muffin dough into the muffin forms.
- Bake the muffins at 180'C (fan oven) in the middle of the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Check, that the muffins are baked, before removing them from the oven.
- Cool down the muffins, before serving them.