One of my favourite Christmas cakes are the Stollen cake originally coming from Germany. I have even brought my very own stollen form, so I can get the right shape for this specific cake.
If you are a stollen fan like me, you could have a look into these stollen recipes: German Christmas cake stollen, Christstollen and stollen with marzipan and cranberries.
Stollen with fromage frais: -1 cake
- 500 g (cake) flour
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 200 g sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla sugar
- 2 cl rum
- 2 egg
- 175 g butter
- 250 g fromage frais
- 250 g raisins
- 150 g almond - roughly chopped
- 50 g icing sugar
- Heat up the oven to 180'C
- Add all the ingredients in the mixing bowl from the stand alone mixer.
- Stir everything into a homogeneous mass.
- Grease the stollen form with oil.
- Add the cake mass into the stollen cake form.
- Place a baking tray covered with baking paper on the open surface of the stollen form.
- Turn everything up-side down, so the stollen form covers the cake mass during baking.
- Bake the stollen at 180'C for 60 minutes in the lower part of the oven.
- Cold down the stollen.
- Before serving the stollen sprinkle the surface of the cake with icing sugar.