September 10, 2016

Shopping in London


During my third Summer vacation this year I went to England in connection with participation in an afternoon tea course at Women Institute. Along this course I also spend some days in London visiting various museums (Tate Britain, Tate Modern, Churchill War Rooms & Imperial War Museum), enjoying a classic afternoon tea at Fortnum & Mason and seeing The Mousetrap. Off cause I also found time and space in my suitcase for some shopping.

I love gin, so besides from a bottle of gin (found in the airport) I also brought two books about gin. At a market I found myself a china tea cup, plate and serving serving in my favourite green colour in form of Aynsley from approx year 1900. So I think, I will collect my own china tea set in form of various china pattern.




At Fortnum & Mason I brought two types of Turkish delight (rose as one option and cherry & blackberry as second option) together with some Lemon & Ginger tea bags.











I also found a book about afternoon tea at Ritz London. And at Denham I brought a book called the "Jambusters" and some labels for marking of home-made jam.

So as usual I ended up with a very full suitcase on my travel back to Denmark. So I am glad, that I was flying business class, where I could bring 32 kg of luggage.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...