April 02, 2017

Ciabatta buns


As I am going rowing again tomorrow evening directly from work, I have been baking buns again for tomorrow lunch pack. This time I have been trying my hands with ciabatta buns from "Det æltefri grydebrød", these buns are not baked in small cooking pots, but simply placed on the baking tray covered with baking paper.

These buns are easy to bake, and I am impressed by the crumb structure with has large unregular holes. I actually thought it would be tricky to bake ciabatta buns, so therefore I have hesitate to do it, but after my success I will fore sure bake some ciabatta buns in the future.

Ciabatta buns: - 8 buns

  • 5 g yeast
  • 25 g sour dough (optional)
  • 2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 teaspoon sugar
  • 300 g water
  • 400 wheat flour
  1. Add yeast, sour dough, salt, sugar and water into a large mixing bowl.
  2. Add in the wheat flour and stir everything together using a cooking spoon.
  3. Let the dough raise in the mixing bowl with the lid on for 12 hours at room temperature.
  4. Heat up the fan oven to 250'C with the baking tray inside.
  5. Divide the dough into 8 portions, which is placed apart from each other on baking paper.
  6. Transfer the baking paper with bun dough on to the baking tray, sprinkle water on top of the bun dough.
  7. Bake the ciabatta buns at 250'C for 5 minutes.
  8. Lower the temperature in the fan oven to 225'C, and bake the buns for another 10 minutes, until the ciabatta buns have a golden surface.
  9. Remove the ciabatta buns from the ove, and let the buns cool down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...