August 28, 2012

Plum jam with star anise and vanilla



This is the very first of plenty plums recipes, which I will be posting in the coming "many" days for now on :-)

The very first thing I made from all the plum, which I got from my work colleague, was off cause plum jam. Last year I made this plum jam with cinnamon and star anise, so I decide make a twist to this spices combination, as I have no cinnamon sticks left anywhere in my kitchen. And as I usual I use a ratio of 2 parts of fruit to 1 part of sugar, as I prefer the fruitiness over the sweetness in jam.

The smell, when you cook this jam is just fantastic :-)

Lønnestræde plum jam  - version 2:
  • 900 g plums - without stones and diced into desired size
  • 100 g water
  • 450 g jam sugar - sugar with pectin
  • ½ vanilla pod - vanilla corns and pod
  • 4 star anise
  • 1½ tablespoon apple vinegar
  • potassium sorbate - optional
  1. Wash the plums, remove the stone from the plum and cut into the desired size.
  2. Heat up the plums in a cooking pot together with a small amount of water.
  3. Add the spices as well.
  4. When the plums are boiling, add the jam sugar.
  5. Bring the fruit to the boiling point and let it boil for 5 minutes.
  6. Adjust the balance between the sweetness and the fruit flavour by adding vinegar into the jam.
  7. Prepare the jam glasses by filling them with boiling water. 
  8. Fill the glass with jam and close the glass. Store them cold.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...