December 07, 2013

Christmas Calendar 2013 Day 7 - "Snow balls" with butter and oat flakes


These "Snow balls" are soo much easier to make, as the creation process does not involve any coating with (white) chocolate. So make these "Snow balls", if you are time pressed. And if you have more time or is a more patient person, than I make, you can these "Snow balls" instead of.

I found the original recipe in a Christmas booklet add to the the weekly magazine "Alt for Damerne" issue 46/2013. And I have no changes to this recipe.

"Snow balls" with butter and oat flakes:

  • 100 g white chocolate
  • 250 g marzipan - grated
  • 150 butter - soft
  • 150 g oat flakes
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
  • 2 dl coconut flakes
  1. Melt the white chocolate - I always my microwave oven for this purpose.
  2. Add grated marzipan, soft butter, vanilla sugar, oat flakes and melted white chocolate in a mixing bowl and knead everything together. I used my NEW best friend for this on low speed.
  3. Roll the dough mass into small balls with the size of a hazel or walnut nut.
  4. Roll the "snow balls" in the coconut flakes.
  5. Place the "snow balls" in an air tight container and store them in the refrigerator as they contain butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comment is my reward :-)
You are more than welcome to write your comment in either English or Danish.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...